The Apeks Exotec BCD is a revolution in diving comfort, functionality, and
seductive engineering design. The ethos behind Exotec is the synthesis of
equipment and diver. Created to fit like no other BCD and flow with the natural
movement of the diver’s body, through the innovative BioReact articulation.
Constructed with the usual, exacting Apeks build quality, the Exotec is a
paradigm of form and function.
• BioReact articulating waist system for maximum comfort and freedom of movement.
• GripTek fabric keeps the BCD in place both on the surface and underwater.
• The bladder is constructed from super-tough Armoguard slick skin for increased abrasion
resistance, faster drying and has a reduced risk of bacterial growth due to the slick surface.
• Anodized aluminum hardware is both strong and lightweight.
• G hook chest strap and tank retainer allow for 1 handed simple operation.
• 3 position height adjustable backplate allows for optimum fit.
• Adjustable waist and shoulders.
• 2 large pockets can be folded up flat when not in use to reduce drag.
• Wrapture Harness System – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultrathin
back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the
BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to
your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up
straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
• Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders, as well as either side of the
waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
• SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release.
Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in
the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
• There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves that are very
streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at
the top of the Powerline inflator.
• The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This
environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
• A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This
keeps the unit streamlined and reduces drag.